October started off really well for me – and then I fell off a bit. Unfortunately put behind by Florida’s inclement weather and needing to catch up on work, I’ve neglected this blog a bit. That being said, work has been phenomenal. I ended up scoring another editing client for on-going work, and am steadily building a long-term client base with clients that I already have.
I’ve also been working through ‘behind the scenes’ things for this blog and getting ready for NaNoWrimo, my Patreon launch, reading more, and cementing a little more what the actual purpose of this blog is. It’s an ever-evolving thing, I think, though having blogs in the past I know that consistency is important. I always tend to have a lot of steam starting out and then it peters out towards the end of the month, and I know that’s something that I need to work on.
Outside of writing, I’m working on an online store. The goal is to be fully self-employed within a year, between freelancing, and that. Which is going to definitely take a lot of work on my part, but in the end I think it will be a rewarding experience overall. I like having the responsibility, for one, and I also enjoy being able to set my own work hours, work to my pace – do things that I actually enjoy doing as opposed to the things that I don’t.
With that in mind, November goals:
- Write consistently, every day – non-work related writing.
- Stick to my blog’s schedule for certain posts, mostly freelancing articles and 30 Day Challenge things.
- Begin, commit to, & win NaNoWriMo.
- Finish up preparations for Patreon launch for December.
- Stick with & keep up on writing routine.
- Keep up with bullet journal (the only thing that ever keeps me organized.)
Simple goals, not too different from last month. Here’s to a productive, fun November.